2006 Bimini 306 Winshield Snaps

loafer-roatan

Reaction score
Hello Collective. I'm having a hard time finding replacement eisenglass snaps for my 306. The ones in the windshield now are sun rotted and pull out easily. They are regular snaps with a rubber backing that fit into the holes. I've tried Grady, they sent me to Taylor Made, they sent me to a sub contractor. No one knows where I can get replacement parts. Thanks. I've attached some pictures.

Attachments

• DSC_0020.JPG
    DSC_0020.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 12
  • DSC_0021.JPG
    DSC_0021.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 11
  • DSC_0017.JPG
    DSC_0017.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 10
  • DSC_0016.JPG
    DSC_0016.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 11

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I would call Sailrite, and see if they are familiar with that type of snap. It looks like they just used a screw stud snap, and screwed it into some kind of rubber button on the backside. You could use a screw stud, and use a solid backing on the inside of the plexiglass. They come in different length threads. Or, a standard snap, using a pop rivet, and a washer on the inside.
Go to Sailrite.com, and put “ykk snad” in the search box. That is a snap mounted on a flexible disk, with an adhesive backing large enough to cover the hole. It is a marine snap, comes with a clear disk option and could turn out to be a permanent solution. Boat snaps are ‘line 24’, or ‘ligne 24’ size, or 25 mm.