2006 Yamaha F250s Cape Cod

Legal Bill

Reaction score
Model
Bimini
I'm selling my twin Yamaha F250s with 1250 hours. The model numbers are LF250TXR and F250TXR. The manufacture dates are 2006 and they were put into service in 2007 on my Grady White Bimini 306. These engines run great and have taken me off shore and back several times per season since I bought the boat. I have decided to keep the boat for another five or ten years and I'm planning to repower with F300s for higher cruising speeds, better economy, and five year warranty. I'd like to sell these 250s before they come off the boat so the buyer can have the opportunity to start them and hear them run before they buy. The motors will come with engine controls and cables, Sea Star hydraulic steering pistons, ignition switch and the Command Link II square gauges.

As for maintenance history, in addition to all the 100 hour services, the exhausts were replaced in both motors when I bought the boat around 2016. More recently, in the winter of 2022, the engines had a major service including the water pumps (I have the major service performed every other year). In addition the fuel injectors were all rebuilt and flow tested and the props were tuned at New England Propellor. Also in 2022 the engine covers were painted by a professional body shop and new decals were applied, and the power tilt pistons and seals were replaced. Over the past three years three of the trim pistons were rebuilt as well. Moving to 2023, last week my tech installed new timing belts and tensioners and performed a minor service including oil, filter, gear lube, spark plugs, and anodes. The 2023 service bills are about $4,000 in new parts and labor. These engines are all set to go for the next 100 hours.

The boat is stored in a heated building in Mashpee, MA. Serious buyers can come and hear the engines run and check them out until they are removed for the repower. I'm asking $20,000 for everything. The derigging will be performed by my technician. Transportation is your responsibility. I'd like them removed promptly, but I can hold them for a week or two so long as you have paid in full. I'm happy to answer your questions.

You can see photos here in the ad I posted on THT. https://www.thehulltruth.com/parts-forum/1260014-yamaha-f250s-rigging-cape-cod.html

Thanks for reading this ad.

Bill

Reactions: Pat Hurley