2007 Grady Express 300 thru hull questions

Bayhouse

Reaction score
Thanks!
Do we need to replace with the same metal jacket hoses?
I did not, went with some high quality ribbed hose from West Marine. Can't recall what kind, but after the rust I found in those wire reinforced hoses, would never use again if I could avoid.

Bayhouse

Reaction score
Having done a number of hose clamps with one arm, working blind, I have found that it is easier to use a properly sized nut driver than a wrench. You are coming straight on, so gain the extra length of the tool, and it is much easier to keep it on the top of the fitting.

View attachment 7327
SO TRUE!! I used a small ratchet wrench which was also effective. Just be ready to chase after it with a coat hanger after you drop whatever tool you're using a few times.

Bayhouse

Reaction score
How is the access if you unscrew and open up the panel with the battery switches on? In theory that should get you directly above the those through hulls.

On the 330, going through the panel was no help due to the depth of the through-hull. IIRC, it helped with the deck side connection, but the only way for me to access the through hull was from the bilge. The Port side was actually easier for me, STBD was a PITA. I had the genny removed so theoretically my job was easier. Couldn't imagine doing this job with the genny installed.