204 Fisherman Owners

Pelagicman

Reaction score
Hi! I am looking at a 204 Fisherman. One is not powered so I am looking at 200 and 225 hp engines. The other is powered with a 4 stroke Yamaha 200. I am in process of downsizing from a bigger boat.

I am hoping to get some input from current owners about the boat. I have grandkids to go island hops and inland recreation with and am wondering if any of you boat with young kids and how comfortable is it for say 4 adults and 3 kids? Do not know if this is too big crowd for this boat. What about fishing is 3 or 4 people a comfortable group to fish?

In addition what can I expect in terms of smooth or rough rides and how wet is this hull in a mild chop? I want to convince my wife to fish with me again and she is not happy with rough rides. I intend to use the boat for inshore and near shore fishing. Live in Carolina and some of our inlets can get nasty even on a mild day so looking for input on this boat and its abilities. Have had larger boat 26' not a Grady but need to downsize so I can single hand this boat. Also I have some knee problems and need to quit offshore beatings and content myself with less challenging sea conditions.

cedarholm

Reaction score
Pelagicman said:
Hi! I am looking at a 204 Fisherman. One is not powered so I am looking at 200 and 225 hp engines. The other is powered with a 4 stroke Yamaha 200. I am in process of downsizing from a bigger boat.

I am hoping to get some input from current owners about the boat. I have grandkids to go island hops and inland recreation with and am wondering if any of you boat with young kids and how comfortable is it for say 4 adults and 3 kids? Do not know if this is too big crowd for this boat. What about fishing is 3 or 4 people a comfortable group to fish?

In addition what can I expect in terms of smooth or rough rides and how wet is this hull in a mild chop? I want to convince my wife to fish with me again and she is not happy with rough rides. I intend to use the boat for inshore and near shore fishing. Live in Carolina and some of our inlets can get nasty even on a mild day so looking for input on this boat and its abilities. Have had larger boat 26' not a Grady but need to downsize so I can single hand this boat. Also I have some knee problems and need to quit offshore beatings and content myself with less challenging sea conditions.

What year? Length? Trim tabs?

I've got the Escape 209. Am assuming 204 is about 20'.

The 209 could handle the loads/people you mentioned, but seem a bit crowded for my taste.

Year is important due to starting year of SeaV2 hull which is drying than previous years.

jdsmith

Reaction score
I have a 204 CC Fisherman and fish the Middle to Lower Chesapeake and its river systems with 4 adults with no problem at all. Powered by a 150 Johnson. Smooth ride with relative dryness.