Irish1

Reaction score
I have a 208 adventure and I want to trade up
Looking at the 282 sailfish but haven't been on one yet, due to weather
Will be using it for fishing ( want to go offshore ) sharks, tuna
Will there be a big noticeable difference ? Thanks. Jim

Motivator

Reaction score
You will love it! Might take a few seconds to get used to the bigger boat. Well, maybe a minute or two.
Happy hunting!

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Went from a Seafarer to Gulfstream to Sailfish and there was a huge difference from each boat - Going form a 20 you will be very very pleased!

Irish1

Reaction score
Thanks! that's just what I wanted to hear, I figured it would be but you never know.
I fish out of niantic, ct, I hope to be able to go out past montauk and block island
Wouldnt try it with the 208, great boat, but better safe then sorry.

fishingFINattic

Reaction score
Jim,
You will be able to go far past Montauk with this boat once you become familiar and comfortable with the boat, and aquire the correct safety gear.
I am out of Groton and I head our 90 miles past Montauk in my 265 Express.
What marina will you be out of? Boats Inc?
Tim

ROBH1965

Reaction score
I went from a 1994 208 Adventurer with a 150 Yamaha to a 1997 272 Sailfish with 2 225 EFI Yamahas and am very happy. So is the wife with the addition of a stand up head. Happy wife = happy husband. A little getting used to especially docking and undocking as my slip is in close quarters and the boat has way more sail area. Gas consumption pretty much tripled which I knew would happen but I would rather have last years gas prices. Unfortunately that is out of our control so this year it looks like my fishing buddies and I we will be splitting expenses when we get out fishing. All in all very happy and so will you be.

Good luck
Rob H 1965

Irish1

Reaction score
Boats Inc. Is where I bought the 208 and that's
One of the places I looked at a 282, But it didn't have four strokes not
Even hpdi's, but this year I put The boat at Niantic Bay Boat Valet, just under the bridge.
There running a good deal to get customers back (70.00 per foot ) 110.00 for year round.
I was at three bells last Year, I like the valet service ( I live two hours away )