208 adventure

todd0915

Reaction score
working on my 208.The boat is coming together.I painted the side panels and the dash white like the new ones.replaced the glove box cover and the instrunment panel as well as the switch plate to gloss black plastic like the newer model.cut my marine radio alongside my gages in the dash.the rails that are mounted on the side panels are factory fiberglass and to hard to paint so i replaced them with the black plastic also.I think the hardest part was replacing the original studs that hold the panels on they were glued that failed.I took jb weld and re glued them.I also had a problem with the original screws that held the intstrunment panel and also the switch plate.the backing nuts are stripped,I took some 22 gauge stainless steal cut it into 1/2x1/2 pieces and again used jb weld and set the pieces of metal on the inside and glued them,the next day i added some more jb and then when it was set i drilled them and threaded new stainless screws to hold the pieces in place.I used the stainless so they wouid not stripp out.i am mounting my new sterieo in the hinged box area inside a weather proff box.also had to be careful to reconnect the switches to the right wires.hope to have everything done this week.Then i will mount a new 740 garman gps and should be ready for west coast salmon season........