208 railing

seasick

Reaction score
Sandy got my starboard stainless railing ( and a few other things). I have been trying to locate a replacement rail and found a dealer relatively far away who contacted Grady. They can supply the railing but shipping direct from Grady is expected to be as much as the part which isn't cheap. The boat is a 2001 Adventure. Several years use the same one piece railing that is maybe 14 feet in total length. The boat has no pulpit. All fittings and stanchions are fine, just the railing got folded over.
Any ideas out there? I am located in the NYC metro area.
Thanks

seasick

Reaction score
It's funny that no one replied. I ordered the railing through a dealer (and not that close to my locale). That's the good news. The bad news is that they don't know if it has to be trucked to me directly ( as costly as the rail itself to truck ) of if it can be combined on a Grady shipment to the North East. I am waiting to hear but it may be a while. Hey, it's not the worst thing relative to other folk's damages.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I had to replace the railing on my 226 a couple years back. It came disassembled so the shipping wasn't awful. That said, it was a $450 part if I recall. Nothing about Grady's is cheap....

Can a local ship fabricate a replacement? You might check with Raybo out on Long Island....maybe he can recommend someone.

seasick

Reaction score
Parthery said:
I had to replace the railing on my 226 a couple years back. It came disassembled so the shipping wasn't awful. That said, it was a $450 part if I recall. Nothing about Grady's is cheap....

Can a local ship fabricate a replacement? You might check with Raybo out on Long Island....maybe he can recommend someone.

The 208 railing is one piece per side and is about 14 feet long. That precludes standard shipping like UPS.
Fabrication was a thought but the good fabricators in my area either went out of business or got washed away in Sandy. I will wait for the Grady dealer to let me know how and when the part is shipping.
On the positive side, before Sandy I was trying to decide when I was going to call it quits for the season. The storm made that decision for me. The boat is generally OK but ouy boat yard is another story.