209 escape livewell question

joesmo86

Reaction score
just got a 03 209 escape, how does the livewell work, i hit the switch an nothing happens. wheres the pump located at and where does the water come in from? thanks

seasick

Reaction score
Do you hear anything? Did you open the sea cock? It's under the motor well.
Do you have the livewell option:)

DUUUUUG

Reaction score
There are two hand holes in the floor in between the motor and the Captains seats, use a screw driver and carefully pop them open. You should see two valves down in the bottom. Each valve should have a tag on it that tells you what it feeds. One should feed the Livewell, the other should feed your washdown hose connector. You may have to follow the hoses. Anyway, if you open the valve, water can get in through the hull directly under the valve when the pump starts. Keep in mind that water can get in if you have a hose break so It is a real good idea to keep these valves closed when not in use.

DUUUUUG

Reaction score
I just bought my 2004 209 this past November. If you haven't already, spend about two hours removing every seat cushion and opening every hand hole and lid and trace every hose. Learn where everything is while the boat is still on the trailer. I did this and learned alot. Not everything, but alot.

colecaz

Reaction score
lLike Duuuuug said, they're under the deck just in front of the engine partition. Access through the watertite, snap-in, deck plate.

And don't give too much credence to the labels on the thru-hull handles. Mine were reversed. The thru-hull with the pump on top is for the live well and the other is for the saltwater washdown, if you have it.

And keep the live well thru-hull seacock closed unless you're using the live well. If it's open it will force water into the live well when the boat is running.

Attachments

• IMG_2268a.jpg
    IMG_2268a.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 2,738
  • IMG_2267a.jpg
    IMG_2267a.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 2,737

seasick

Reaction score
This may be a stupid question but do you have the livewell option? It was not standard in 2003.

DUUUUUG

Reaction score
I have a stupid question too....
Being new to my boat also, is the top board of the Engine Partition shown in the above picture intended to be the bait cutting board?

seasick

Reaction score
DUUUUUG said:
I have a stupid question too....
Being new to my boat also, is the top board of the Engine Partition shown in the above picture intended to be the bait cutting board?
Yes but it gets kind of messy and cut up after a while. When I use it ( I normally don't use it as a bait board) I put a 8 by 5 inch or so piece of polypropylene on top and cut on that.

DUUUUUG

Reaction score
Thanks,
I just noticed that board when I saw the picture. Sometimes the most obvious is staring you in the face.
Apparently, I should have spent more than two hours going over my new-to-me boat.