22 Seafarer questions??

NJ-JOHN

Reaction score
Hi guys, Its frozen over here in NJ and I'm hanging in the taravel lift for a few weeks. I need to make some upgrades and repairs to my Grady. Thanks in advance for your help. I'm on a 1990 Seafarer 22.

1. I want to replace the elecric panel. The factory board is old and dated and the names dont appear too well. Im trying to upload a pic but cant figure it out.

2. The boat lists to the starboard side when on plane. Should I install trim tabs? If so what brand/size?

RAINMAKER

Reaction score
Yes up grade the electrical panel. Change it over to breakers instead of fuses while you're doing it. You can use rocker switches with a breaker . Use cardboard to"mock it up" then do the real deal.
Bennett 12x 9's on the Trim Tabs . Shop around and get a good deal. Check ebay also for new and used

NJ-JOHN

Reaction score
RAINMAKER said:
Yes up grade the electrical panel. Change it over to breakers instead of fuses while you're doing it. You can use rocker switches with a breaker . Use cardboard to"mock it up" then do the real deal.
Bennett 12x 9's on the Trim Tabs . Shop around and get a good deal. Check ebay also for new and used

Thanks RM! So the rocker switch is better than my toggles w/ fuses? Would you engrave the rocker or panel?

Also, being that winter is not going to break anytime soon the local shop is gonna bring the boat in. They are a high volume World Cat dealer and swear by the Lenco electric tabs. The reviews seem to be the same for each manufacturer, that is people swear by Bennet and Lenco. Do you think I may make a mistake w/ electric?

RAINMAKER

Reaction score
I would get the panel engraved with the font of choice.
As for the tabs I have no experience with Lenco's . I'm sure they make a fine product. I do have experience with Bennetts , I've had them on a 22' Seafarer, 24'Offshore, and my newest ride a 28' Sailfish . I replaced the pump on the 24 when I bought the boat in 99 ,looking back I could've probably troubleshot the pump and fixed it. Other than that I had a top mount that was broken . I contacted Bennett, they sent me a replacement, no charge. This is on a 15 year old boat that I ws not the original purchaser of. I know that Bennett has great customer service . That's important to me.
If your yard likes the lencos, I'm sure you'll be alright with them. I'm sure they are a quality product. My personal choice would be Bennetts. My biggest concern would be making SURE the mounting holes in the transom are sealed properly. Hope I've helped "RAINMAKER" :)