225 Tournament Electronics Box

White Horses (Mike)

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=148&pID=11187

THis is a link to the Garmin 4210. I really don't think you could get a bigger unit in the box. Maybe a 4212, but I doubt it. This is a very smart and easy to use unit. You can also read it pretty clearly from the aft end of the boat with a rod in your hand... This unit will use up all of the height in the box, but if you mount it tight to one side, you still have some usefull space for the misc stuff like cell phone, sunglasses, etc. Not enough room left for a vhf...we bulkhead mounted that down lower.

Hope that helps. Garmin has a touch screen unit which is REALLY nice, but I couldn't make myself spend that much...

Ed Bukala

Reaction score
225 Electronics

We have a 225 on order for spring delivery and really had a time deciding on electronics due to the size of the compartment. I got the measurements from Grady and decided to go with the Humminbird 997cSI. We do alot of fresh water fishing (Great Lakes area of Canada)and really liked the side imaging feature of this Combo unit. It has an 8" display but is so clear and crisp that it should do us real well. The new model is the 998 but for the additional $ I did not feel it was necassary to spend another 30% as the real change in the new model is a faster processer. We run Navionics charts but not the Platinum with 3D that would benefit this new processer. We run the Gold charts and will be able to use these in the new unit. Garmin, Raymarine have their own charts and we did not want to waste the chip/charts that we had , so this also helped in our decision makeing. As an FYI, the unit we purchased is about $1,400 Canadian dollars which is about $1,300 US dollars. This was a great price as we had seen them in the 1,700-1,900 range. I would check the Humminbird out before you decide.
Bukster

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Are you going to remove the door and flush mount?

If you are going that route, then a 10" (Garmin 3210 or Lowrance HDS-10) will fit. You may have to relocate you VHF though.

I'd look hard at an 8" screen....if you do that, you can comfortably flush mount it and the VHF.