228 Seafarer question

bayrat

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Does anyone perform any annual maintenance on the seacocks located under the livewell? I could probably grease the ball from under the boat but would like to spray the exterior, handles etc with some 656 as well. Anybody have any tips that dont include pulling the livewell itself? It seems the closest that I can get to those valves from above and the side is 2-3 feet. Maybe run some type of hose or pvc and spray thru there?

rcrudder

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
The simple answer from me is No. However, bayrat, it probably should be done. I have a 228G and think that I can reach the ball valve from the starboard hatch on the transom.

I will look next time I am on the boat.

Sorry no one has answered your question.

Bob

bayrat

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply,Bob..tried reaching down there but it's not gonna happen because a bunch of hoses etc in the way. Maybe I can put a pvc tube down there and spray it in that way. Only worry because I had the handle rust off in another boat I had. As far as the ball itself , I saw someone on another forum suggested putting a blob of lithium on a 1/4 " wooden dowel, sticking it up thru the water intake and have someone SLOWLY work the lever back and forth to spread it around. I'll get it done; only hoped someone who had done it before could help.