232 gulfstream swim platform question

paulyjsob

Reaction score
I have a 2000 gulfstream with twin outboards. I just had the swim platform repaired and re mounted. Does the platform sit right on top of the outboard bracket? I could have sworn it did. After the re mounting the platform is about an inch above the platform. Everything looks very well aligned otherwise.
Thanks!

bfrank

Reaction score
I'm not exactly sure but maybe a few pics could help

grady23

Reaction score
That is where mine as well as ALL others I've seen sit. It helps add support to the unit. I would be discussing this with whoever did the work. Ask for a complete explanation as to why it is "High" instead of on top of the bracket.

paulyjsob

Reaction score
The platform was hit by the previous owner. We removed it last fall and repaired a few corners over the winter. When mounting it this spring, we could not get it to line up properly while resting on bracket. Being its a 45 minute drive to the boat and it was getting late in the season, we asked a local "boat guy" (with a good reputation that's done good work for us before) to mount it for us. He said he had a hard time getting things lined up as well, but succeeded. The edge of the platform that's mounts to the transom is parallel to the transom and everything looks great; other than the fact that its not resting on the transom.

spf1.jpg

spf2.jpg

ROBERTH

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
If I recall on mine, I have some starboard strips under certain parts to seal up the gap, but will have to look next time down at the boat. I recall as I was planning on removing mine to seal up the access hatches underneath that are on the bracket as I think that is where the water is entering the bracket so I remember seeing some starboard and screws under that looked to be cut to fit the curves and help to seal.