246G 1993 Parts

Miflinite

Reaction score
Model
Explorer
I am about to start rebuilding a 1993 246G Explorer. I have ran in to some problems researching and finding replacement parts specific to the boat.
For example, I cannot find a replacement for the swim deck that lies on top of the motor bracket.
I would like to add a factory made hard top specific to this boat, but no luck.
I have emailed GW website a couple of times, but they just email me back an Archived Brochure.

Thanks.

blindmullet

Reaction score
Model
Explorer
I would just have all that fabricated. The metal work for that boat looked terrible and you could have a more updated look. I sold my swim platform for $250 on Marketplace a few years ago. Any fiberglass shop could make something similar and you could improve a few items like the mounting points and the ladder. Do you have a swim platform now and it’s just in bad shape?

I have a hardtop for the Offshore that I bought and never used.

Miflinite

Reaction score
Model
Explorer
I would just have all that fabricated. The metal work for that boat looked terrible and you could have a more updated look. I sold my swim platform for $250 on Marketplace a few years ago. Any fiberglass shop could make something similar and you could improve a few items like the mounting points and the ladder. Do you have a swim platform now and it’s just in bad shape?

I have a hardtop for the Offshore that I bought and never used.
Thanks for your thoughts. Can you provide me pics of the hard top? Would the offshore dimensions be compatible with the explorer?