248 voyager opinions

captv

Reaction score
Hi guys. New to the forum.

I am in the market and looking into buying a grady. I am going to look at a 1997 248 voyager with twin 150 yahamas. Does anyone have some opinions on this model? What should I be looking for?

the boat will be used for fishing with some occasion overnighters to Marthas vineyard and nantucket.

Thanks in advance.

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
We have a 99 with a single 225 and Bimini. We love the layout for fishing and playing. The single is plenty of power for our set up but might not be enough for long off shore trips. Twins would be nice but we don't need them.
If I was willing to pay for the cost of maintaining twins, I would go with an Islander if your budget allows.
98 was the first year rot resistant would was used too.
Good luck!

seasnake

Reaction score
I just got my 1996 248 Voyager in october after having a 204C overnighter for 7 years . I have a single yam 250 it has a very dry ride with the sea V 2 hull .

Jim S

Reaction score
I have a 92 Voyager and love the boat. Make sure you have it surveyed, and if the boat has a notched transom, make sure the transom is dry. Grady seems to have a problem in that area, where water gets in and causes it to swell. Mine will eventually have to be replaced. Not bad for a hull that is 20 years old. Yes, they started with the SeaV2 hull in 92 and it has a great ride.