25' Grady White Sailfish 1993

christo15

Reaction score
I'm looking at a 25' Grady White Sailfish 1993 with two 2004 200 hp mercury's and am wondering any thoughts on the boat? Please let me know!

Capt Bill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Well Chris, inspect all the same things as you would on any boat of more than a few years old. Pull the deck hatches and look at the tamks for signs of corrosion and leakage. Look in the bilge for signs of neglect. Is it clean, and do the pumps (forward and aft) work? Is the hull badly oxidized? Canvas in need of replacement? How about the hardtop, and structure... looking good, or are there signs of water intrusion?

Get a marine survey, and probably at least compression check on the engines.

I had a 1993 Sailfish 252g w/Yammaha's, for 12 years, and it was a fantastic boat, capable of just about anything from bay fishing, to overnight trips to the canyon (mother nature always has the final say). If you have any specific questions about that model, you are at the right place. There is plenty of knowledge here on this forum.

ROBERTH

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Chris, like Capt. Bill said, it is a great boat to have. Does lots of stuff very well. I love the layout and function!

Search the forum and you will see good info on this model. Has to be my favorite layout and the cockpit is huge!