258 voyager kicker install

BluWaters

Reaction score
Model
Voyager
I've got a GW 258 voyager with 225 yamaha. Looking to install a Yamaha 9.9 kicker. Kicker won't fit on transom so will be mounting Port side step platform. Anyone else been thru this. Mounting Brackets, proper position of installation,etc.
Probably be running a Panther remote control, but nothing set in stone. Thanks ahead.

Attachments

• i0000010.jpg
    i0000010.jpg
    874 KB · Views: 15
  • image000000_01.jpg
    image000000_01.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 16
  • image000000.jpg
    image000000.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 16

CharlesM

Reaction score
Model
Voyager
I have the 248 so very similar hull form for reference. I have a OX66 but I thought 4str motors have a trolling mode, No? I only say that because it will be a difficult install particularly if you are also adding controls.....

Mleslie347

Reaction score
Anyone else been thru this. Mounting Brackets, proper position of installation,etc.
Probably be running a Panther remote control, but nothing set in stone. Thanks ahead.

Obviously not the exact same boat, but had no issues mounting a T9.9 to the euro transom/swim step of my 268. We used the Panther 55-0030 bracket. I did have to cut/shorten the supplied support brace that attaches to the transom somewhat, but other than that, the bracket was adjustable enough to get the correct height/angle that was needed.

I did fabricate some steel backing plates to reinforce the under side of the deck where the bracket was through-bolted. Didn't want to take any chances by just using fender washers since we trailer extensively and the motor would be bouncing around going down the road (not to mention heavy seas).

So far, has worked out very well (going on season 5 with that set-up)

FWIW, used Seastar’s kicker cable tiebar to connect the 9.9 to my main steering (and subsequently the autopilot) and control the throttle with an iTroll unit, but honestly would recommend just saving some $$ and going with the Panther TrollMaster instead if you’re planning to do an electric remote throttle.

Don’t have any better pictures around, but happy to take some better ones or a measurements or two if it would help - as I’ll be over at the storage unit waking her up from winter hibernation most of this coming week.

A2196074-F49D-4ED1-8964-60BEA2587E22.jpeg

Reactions: PointedRose