265 center rigger?

PrinceofThieves

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Yes, I added a center rigger to my old 265 - double rigged it and had the halyards attached to the top rod holders coming down the sides of the hard top support bars. I had a carbon fiber rigger and mount that i bought directly from Lee's Tackle.

southernstyle995

Reaction score
Yes, I added a center rigger to my old 265 - double rigged it and had the halyards attached to the top rod holders coming down the sides of the hard top support bars. I had a carbon fiber rigger and mount that i bought directly from Lee's Tackle.
okay cool, how long was the center rigger you used and was the mount 45 degrees?

PrinceofThieves

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Yes, it was 45 deg ad i believe it was a 12' retractable rigger. You want the tip of the rigger to be right in line with the back of your motors +/-.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
That takes the fun out of trying to get a 50 out of the center hardtop rod holder at 7 mph with a 70# bluefin going the other way.

ocnslr

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
A friend at our marina had 18-ft gunnel mount Lee outriggers. He bent one near the bottom. I used the top 12-ft of it and the small 45-degree mount. Single rigged it and it worked great for the WWWWFB bird.

I put that rod in the upper holder on the stbd rear leg of the hardtop, essentially just behind the helm. Very easy for me to monitor it.

Used the two lower holders on the rear legs for the long lines on the outriggers, and the gunnel rod holders for the short lines and flat lines. I had three holders on each gunnel, but this arrangement always worked very well for our usual seven rod spread. I also had a centerline vertical holder on the transom and, with a release clip on a pad eye below it, could run a short line down the center, usually a nice spreader bar.

Attachments

• bullmahi.jpg
    bullmahi.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 16
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    292.2 KB · Views: 19
  • FullGear.jpg
    FullGear.jpg
    291.5 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

southernstyle995

Reaction score
A friend at our marina had 18-ft gunnel mount Lee outriggers. He bent one near the bottom. I used the top 12-ft of it and the small 45-degree mount. Single rigged it and it worked great for the WWWWFB bird.

I put that rod in the upper holder on the stbd rear leg of the hardtop, essentially just behind the helm. Very easy for me to monitor it.

Used the two lower holders on the rear legs for the long lines on the outriggers, and the gunnel rod holders for the short lines and flat lines. I had three holders on each gunnel, but this arrangement always worked very well for our usual seven rod spread. I also had a centerline vertical holder on the transom and, with a release clip on a pad eye below it, could run a short line down the center, usually a nice spreader bar.
okay thanks!!