265 Express Fresh Water Pumb

dmanly265express

Reaction score
My fresh water system keeps getting clogged...with the water just trickling. The marina has cleaned out the pump strainer before.

Anyone know where the fresh water pump is located in a 265 Express?

Is it easy to clean the strainer?

Thanks.

Walk The Line

Reaction score
The f/w pump is located just beneath your feet when you're standing at the wheel. I've encountered the same issue in the past several times, so I ended up cutting the caulk with a utility knife so that it's just the four screws, and the floor piece comes up. Once that piece of the floor is removed, it's very simple to clean the screen.

reelserious

Reaction score
I pulled the screen out years ago on my Sailfish. Now I just clean the faucet heads every once in awhile. I got tired of removing the back panel every time the water pressure dropped.

dmanly265express

Reaction score
Thanks. I have a circular deck plate that comes up in the helm but did not see the pump there. Must be off center from the plate. Will take another look

Great boat

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
What's it getting clogged with?

Does the water smell fresh or odd ?

fishingFINattic

Reaction score
I too pulled the screen/filter out and just clean out the facuets once in awhile!
I think you can also access it by pulling out the two draws and draw holder assembly.
Tim

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
fishingFINattic said:
I think you can also access it by pulling out the two draws and draw holder assembly.
Tim

just to lthe left when you pull out the drawer unit. easier then re-caulking the floor.

gradyfish22

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
As fishingfinaddict says, pull the draws out in the cabin, easiest access to the pumps, other option is pull the aft portion of the head wall out, it has access plates and is easy to remove but requires being re caulked and is a little more cramped, so your best bet is removing the draws in the cabin. Do you treat your water? Sort of sounds like you might have a mildew like crud building inside the tank that could be clogging the strainer and decreasing the pressure. If the water sits and the outside temp fluctuates a lot like it has that can happen, try and run the water a bit and add fresh water, if necessary, add a treatment or bleach unless you drink it then use a safe treatment tablet, it should keep the water from getting that scummy buildup that's clogging it.

eppem

Reaction score
clogged filter

As the last two posters said, easiest way is thru the cuddy, unscrew the screws that hold the drawers in (be careful not to drop the screws in the cuddy drains so cover them with a rag)...the pump is just to your left, as you are looking aft.

Unscrew the filter, twist it apart and clean all the crud out with a hose...replace the filter, fill the water tank and empty it, do it again, and again and again until you get all the crap out. It takes time but works. Then use some kind of product to make the water smell decent...I wouldnt drink it by the the gallon but its ok to brush your teeth or rinse off any salt.