265 express remote oil tank fill location?

captain swag

Reaction score
I have a 2002 265 that I have repowered with 225 Optis. There are flat areas on both sides near the stern in the bilge area that are designated as mounting areas for oil tanks. The question is how were the oil tanks filled on this boat when it was powered with 2 stroke engines? There had to be remote fills but where were the caps mounted? Anyone with a 2 stroke setup that might have photos that they could send me would be appreciated. The idea of a really long funnel doesn't appeal to me, just reaching in to unscrew the caps on the tanks would be a chore. Any owners that have done this repower ie, 225 Optis, which hole did you mount the engines at, what prop are you running and how do you fill your oil tanks? Thanks for the help in the past and hopefully in the future. :hmm

seasick

Reaction score
As far as I know, the only options for th tanks are fillers molded into the tanks themselves. You open a hatch or locker and the tank filler is visible.

fishingFINattic

Reaction score
When you fold the rear motor well down the fill caps are located a few inches behind the hinge on both sides.
The well has molded horizontal flat spots (about 4" x 4") to accept these- i can snap a photo monday if needed.
Curious why you choose merc for repower and will be really interested in performance!
Tim

jekyl

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
My 265 has been repowered but you can see the Oil filters below the repositioned fuel filters
P7180059.jpg
Cheers from OZ