272 batteries

rgowen

Reaction score
I just bought a 272 sailfish. The batteries appear to be junk. Question is my boat has one 4d and one 27 class battery. This does not look correct. Should I have 4 seperate batteries. 2 switchs 1-2 or both I assume means there should be four. Is that correct?
Thank you for your time.

ahill

Reaction score
My 272 has 4 batteries. 2 house 2 cranking. All 650 Deka.
1 switch for house 1 switch for each motor total 3 switches.
My Guest charger failed on house charging banks and didn't shut off frying house batteries.
I just installed a Genius 4 charger from Batterystuff.com but haven't used it yet to provide feedback.
I like 4 batteries as at anchor with lights, head etc. the draw can be significant.

Marty grady 272

Reaction score
My 272 has 3 batteries, 1 house with its own separate switch and 2 starting batteries each with switches that can be set to either motor or set to handle both if necessary. When I replaced my local NAPA retailer had a great sale on 1000 cca batteries so that is what I put in. My house battery is a deep cycle 850. I keep all 3 charged with separate photovoltaic battery tenders.

stephendudra

Reaction score
I have a 1999 Chase 262 with Twin 225 OX66 and just had to go through battery changes. I went with 2 Group 31 Dual purpose batteries. One of these batteries is also the "house" battery that pushes my Stereo, JBL 60x4 amp and also a Bazooka marine bass tube with the built in 250 watt amplifier.

I have not had it at the sand bar this year, but there was plenty of room for these batteries and so far so good! I have been told in other forums and from men that do nothing but electronics on boats, put the biggest batteries in the boat that you can get in it.

Good luck!