272 Sailfish Helm Seat (new glider)

grady33

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Need to order a new glider for the helm seat - 2000 Sailfish 272. Does anyone know where I can get one at a good price? Almost from day one, the seat never stayed forward (little notches worn out). Every time I'd hit a big wave, the seat would slide back. Anyhow, I would really like to replace the glider with a better quality one. Any suggestions out there? THANKS!

3rd Day

Reaction score
I have gotten everything I've needed from my local Grady dealer and not had sticker shock.

wlewis

Reaction score
seabiscuit,
I had a very similar experience and after much searching around bought a new slider mechanism from Grady, but it did not include the two plastic bushings, so I found them elsewhere on line. I don't recall where I found them, but I can check if it will help you. After installing the new parts, my seat still would not lock into place. After repeated checking and messing with, I finally re-installed the old slider with the new spring and finally the seat locked. It looks like all I needed was the spring.

striped bass

Reaction score
seabiscuit:
I had the same problem with both of the seats on my dual console 225 Tournament. I took them to my Grady White Dealer in Niantic, CT and they rebuilt both seats. I am very pleased with the results. No sticker shock either.