273 Chase upholstery replacement

ChrisRphoto

Reaction score
Hi all.

I live on the beautiful island of Curaçao.
But there's a drawback for living in paradise....very limited supply of parts or expertise.
I own a 2004 273 Chase of which I need to replace all the vinyl upholstery. I don't have a boat cover (yet) :bang and the blazing sun has 'worked its "magic" on it. As I mentioned, on such a small island, anybody that provides a service is almost guaranteed exclusivity in their field. This also bumps prices up like crazy. As it is a 2004, the dealers or GW manufacturer don't have the items in stock and would have to be a special order. I contacted the dealer where this boat was originally bought in the USA and they are not very customer friendly (at least the customer support) and requesting info from them is like asking them to donate a kidney.
Anyway....my question is...does anyone have experience with finding new upholstery for this boat? Either pre-made or with templates for cutting?
How much material do I need? (the smooth and ribbed vinyl)
I was quoted $2500 by a local upholsterer. :jaw
Please help!
The boat is in great shape except for the weathered vinyl. (yes, I have cleaned and removed it in the past but it has gone beyond the cleaning stage now)
Thanks for the any pointers.

Chris.

Tucker

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Really? For a 2004 they said factory was unavailable? You might want to contact Grady White direct. Their customer service dept is pretty good. They won't sell direct but you can use any dealer you like. You just need availablity. Your going to get smashed on shipping costs though. Air cargo is probably your only option and the shipping package(s) is going to be very big hence very expensive. Yes, even paradise has it's cost.

ChrisRphoto

Reaction score
Hi Tucker,
Yes...unavailable!
I did contact GW customer service and like you said...I was refered to a dealer which in turn just gave me a price on material.
I was surprised too that upholstery stuff was no longer available.
Surely the seats and bolsters were upholstered from templates.
If only I could find the supplier or someone that has this stuff pre-made.
Btw....the material was twice the price at the GW dealer as the same stuff from fabricwarehouse.com
Thx for your input.