282 Sailfish Dead

dave@greatgrady

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Just pulled my 02 Sailfish on to the Ferry and was attempting to trim the kicker up. Entire elec system dead. Boats been plugged in for weeks.
question is ? Is there a breaker ahead of the 2 battery switches. I noticed a square shaped donut under the hot lead on the main cable in the series of 4 batteries and see the prior owner has a spare zip tied to it. Could this be a in line fuse. I haven’t seen this before.

dave@greatgrady

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Answered my own question. If it’s blown wondering what would randomly blow it just by unhooking power and towing

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
There's not a lot of info here regarding what you actually did/didn't do, but it may come down to how you disconnected the shore power - especially if you disconnected while something was still being powered.

Fishtales

Reaction score
There is a large fuse I believe for the thruster in the back. It's the only one I recall.
Few things to check in no order or function but what I check when something electrical goes bad.
Galvanic Isolator - has a breaker switch on it usually (usually under starboard gunnel not far from shore power plug.
Fuse holders connected directly to the battery. Several items like (2) for power assist steering, generator and others.
Red push button fuses under the battery switches.
Breaker switches.
Fuses under helm.