300 Marlin

Fishtales

Reaction score
Looks like the 2020 model is getting some upgrades per the pics on the website. I'm starting to think about my last boat. Thinking of a new Marlin or maybe the Pursuit OS. Going to check out the Pursuit at the show this year. I'd like to see the new Marlin but GW never seems to bring the cabins to the NE anymore. What do you think one lists for these days? I was thinking bigger, but I want something I can handle alone. Maybe GW will surprise us all and show off the redesigned Marlin?

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Doubt it; Our dealership in Fla doesn't keep any cabin boats on the lot anymore. Nobody buys anything but the bow riders & CC's. Therefore, I doubt whether Grady will bring a cabin boat to your show unless the colder climate up there increases cabin sales.

I'm not sure what retail would be on a new one. A wild guess? 280-300K.

I bought our Marlin for 3 reasons.
1.) It's well-proven and the perfect size for us.
2.) It's a walkaround; I don't like the Express line.
3.) I was afraid they'd discontinue them with the Freedom Rage going on and I wanted a new one before they went extinct. Grady assured me that it's a good seller for them even now. Whew...

Reactions: Ky Grady

seasick

Reaction score
When the Pursuit OS315 came out, I was really impressed, especially with the cabin. It was definitely more spacious and better laid out than the earlier Express 305.
I didn't like the color of the helm fiberglass though. It was if I remember, kind of brown.

At the last few NY Boat shows, there were no Expresses or Marlins and no Pursuit Off Shores.
As mentioned, the big sellers seem to be dual consoles/ bow riders.
Although the dual consoles are nice and offer more 'recreational' space for hanging out and lounging, I have a hard time visualizing where I would store all the gear I now keep in my cabins. My cabins aren't for overnighting:)