33 Grady White Express

Rcallum

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
has anyone installed another captains chair at the helm? My wife always says she can’t see unless she stands up, so wants me to add another

Jargon

Reaction score
I think there recently was a post with pictures showing just that.

Edit: found this while searching
‘6) Second Capt. Chair: Also read on here that The Black Pearl II added a second captain's chair on the port side. Any pics? Didn't that interfere with cabin access? Did you take out the bench port seat?’

Still looking...

Last edited:

Rcallum

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Thank you very much

usmm1234

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Heres where it gets crazy. Its a Taco Chair and slider. A Pompanet Pedestal and a Springfield foot rest! My fiancee couldnt stand sitting down low where she couldnt see anything.

Rcallum

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Thank you! What were the deciding factors on location? I was considering the the same type of chair only 1/2 the height and on the starboard side..

usmm1234

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Thank you! What were the deciding factors on location? I was considering the the same type of chair only 1/2 the height and on the starboard side..

I wanted to be able to swivel chair to face back for fishing. Plus with the slider I can access the cooler and the companionway.

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Can you give a source of supply for the chair/hardware and the cost? Did you thru bolt with a backing plate in the aft cabin? I really like it! Thanks!

usmm1234

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Can you give a source of supply for the chair/hardware and the cost? Did you thru bolt with a backing plate in the aft cabin? I really like it! Thanks!
Dennis Essenmacher at Essenbay Marine near Charleston SC has the chairs and sliders. I Googled the Pompenette Pedestal online. A company in NC? Springfield foot rest was the same. I Googled it. Dennis does the dents and dings for Taco and some other companies. Dennisbay1@outlook.com 843 200-9185 I also forgot. You have to get a Spyder to attach the chair to the pedestal. I used a Springfield Spyder and a Taco slider. It works great but required a lot of McGiver drilling and fitting. I would recommend getting the slider and the spyder from one manufacturer.

Last edited:

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Dennis Essenmacher at Essenbay Marine near Charleston SC has the chairs and sliders. I Googled the Pompenette Pedestal online. A company in NC? Springfield foot rest was the same. I Googled it. Dennis does the dents and dings for Taco and some other companies. Dennisbay1@outlook.com 843 200-9185 I also forgot. You have to get a Spyder to attach the chair to the pedestal. I used a Springfield Spyder and a Taco slider. It works great but required a lot of McGiver drilling and fitting. I would recommend getting the slider and the spyder from one manufacturer.
Thanks!!

Fishtales

Reaction score
What about having someone build a storage box and have the companion chair lifted? This would give you a couple of drawers storage as well as the height to see out.

usmm1234

Reaction score
Model
Express 330

I was at Essenbay today. He has 2 more of the chairs like mine. No arm rests but he can get those. He said he would take $1200 for both. That’s a killer deal.Thats chairs only. Great Lakes want $850 each.

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I was at Essenbay today. He has 2 more of the chairs like mine. No arm rests but he can get those. He said he would take $1200 for both. That’s a killer deal.Thats chairs only. Great Lakes want $850 each.
Thanks for the info. Checked with the Admiral and she said she thinks it takes up too much room and we often have numerous guests that need to sit in the helm area. I kinda liked it ...

usmm1234

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Thanks for the info. Checked with the Admiral and she said she thinks it takes up too much room and we often have numerous guests that need to sit in the helm area. I kinda liked it ...
You actually don’t loose a seat. With the slider slid forward on the companion seat. You still have the cooler seat behind it. I also spaced it so that the companion seat swivels to face backwards for trolling. I skipped the arm rests on the companion seat to allow room between the seats to walk. It’s a little tight, but worth it for us. It allows for a second set of eyes when your running And navigating.