330 question

murphy's

Reaction score
Has anybody had trouble with the back rest on the port side bench seat coming loose on the 330? It's where the metal post fits into the holder. Thanks for your help
Tom

Moxsea

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
check for the thumb screw that fits into a stainless tab agains the hull, It might be missing! Without it the back rest is unstable. the new 330 eliminated this item, what year is the vessel? Jack

murphy's

Reaction score
It's a 2004. The metal rod fits into the hole behind the sink. It seems the holder that rod fits into just comes right up with any kind of pressure to the backrest the screws striipped. Looking into the hole I'm not seeing much for the screws to hold on to.

Moxsea

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
The way I see it on mine is the socket doesn't really hold the backrest, it is just an anchor point for positioning, the thumb screw (solid stainless steel about 1-1/2 long and 1" diameter finger hold) locks the backrest from being removed. If your thumb screw no longer threads into the body then tap it and order another dimension of thumb screw to fit. I ordered a new thumb screw on the internet from a machine shop cost me less than ten bucks. Don't worry about the holes behind the sink. let me know if that helps.