330express range?

bfr44

Reaction score
Hay guys new member to the board. Lots of great information.

I own a 96' 208, and I caretake for a client that owns a beautiful 330 express with a pair of f350s.
I got some directions from the boss that he wants the boat up in Castine, Maine for a month this summer. It's a ways up the coast and am wondering what the range of this boat might be? Will I be able to make the trip non stop? Portland, ME to Castine.
Thanks for any help.

ocnslr

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Quick look indicates it's about 100nm up the coast. That might use 1/3 of the 350gals fuel capacity, or less...

Watch out for the thin, rocky parts...

Brian

bfr44

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, I figured it has got a long range. The boss wanted a quote to see how much it would cost to trailer it up there, I told him probably thousands and that I could run it up there for a faction of that. So looks like a boat ride is in store for me.

G8R_DVM

Reaction score
I would plan on a mile per gallon fuel consumption, maybe a little better with a light load and no chop

freddy063

Reaction score
If you run at around 27 GPH @ 25 MPH should use around 100 gallons one way and do the trip in about 4hours. I allway find that I use more fuel north to south, so your home trip might use more. Should be a great ride, what do you have for electronics, GPS, Radar?

bfr44

Reaction score
She's loaded with the ray marine c series dual screens. I've grown up in casco bay and bring the boat up to Harpswell from portland a couple time every summer. Never had to much use for to many electronics but I'm going to have to school myself, to make the run to Castine.