360 Express Abaco & back - Davit - Dinghy

Reaction score
Model
Express 360
Nice compact davit. I like how easy it swings. Do you have a motor on the clocking feature or is it manual? Post a video of your boat some time if you have the chance.

Yes it has a motor. There is a dedicated battery on top, inside the Satellite dome. The satellite did not work so we took the parts out of the dome and ran the wires to it and secured the battery to the base. The dome has an up and down button and there is also a remote control lanyard. I will try to get you some closer pictures and a video soon.

usmm1234

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Very cool. You inspired us to buy and set up our 330 Express for cruising after running into you in Hopetown Harbor in June. I have spent every weekend for months getting the boat ready. We put all new pumps on (I’m the Shurflo Marine Rep), new anchor, added companion seat, new helm seat, new TV and DVD player, new stereo and speakers, new plumbing fixtures, new hydraulic helm, all new LED lights (16), new deck plates, new Racor fuel filters, soda blast bottom, seal and repaint, new CO detector, new LED spotlight, new 4 blade props, etc, etc.
I think since the Abacos are still recovering from Dorian. We are going to head North in June to do the Outerbanks and Chesapeake. Thanks for the inspiration! We were close to doing a trawler which would have limited what we could do since we are both still working. 35C18BF1-024A-47D7-965B-1134391FCAC7.jpeg

Attachments

• EB6892D3-A5B2-4630-AED0-B6EE93B94593.jpeg
    EB6892D3-A5B2-4630-AED0-B6EE93B94593.jpeg
    949.1 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Reaction score
Model
Express 360
What a great boat! When we were looking to upgrade from the Grady 28, we were actually looking for the 33 express. We ended up with the 36 express simply because an elderly client of mine had one for sale with low hours. It sounds like you are definitely getting "Our Time" ready for this trip. Your decision to go north is smart for now. We were thinking about cruising to south Florida this year instead of the Bahamas but heading north also has a lot of appeal. Even the Carolina's would be exciting. Fuel is your biggest expense. What does your boat burn an hour? Just curious if there is much difference between the two. For 2 weeks in the Bahamas round trip from St Simons Island Georgia was about $9,500. Still not bad considering we had no lodging, airfair, boat rental. or much of anything else except a little food. In years past we would stay a week in the Abaco for two for around $6,000. The freedom and sense of adventure in being able to pull up to uninhabited island and anchor and explore was priceless. Go for it.

usmm1234

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
What a great boat! When we were looking to upgrade from the Grady 28, we were actually looking for the 33 express. We ended up with the 36 express simply because an elderly client of mine had one for sale with low hours. It sounds like you are definitely getting "Our Time" ready for this trip. Your decision to go north is smart for now. We were thinking about cruising to south Florida this year instead of the Bahamas but heading north also has a lot of appeal. Even the Carolina's would be exciting. Fuel is your biggest expense. What does your boat burn an hour? Just curious if there is much difference between the two. For 2 weeks in the Bahamas round trip from St Simons Island Georgia was about $9,500. Still not bad considering we had no lodging, airfair, boat rental. or much of anything else except a little food. In years past we would stay a week in the Abaco for two for around $6,000. The freedom and sense of adventure in being able to pull up to uninhabited island and anchor and explore was priceless. Go for it.

Yeah, I’ve been renting a house and Albury center console in Hopetown for about 25 years for a week in June. I’ve been there a few times on friends boats too. We had been talking about getting a boat to take there. We ran into you on your boat and then another women from Palm Beach on a 330 and it clicked. Grady has been one of my best customers for 30 years and my Dad owned smaller Grady’s for years. I started looking when we got home. The 36 is awesome, but turned out to be a little out of our budget. We found this boat in Naples FL. One owner boat that was repowered in Sept 2016 including Gen set . Fly by wire Suzuki 250’s and a 5kw Kohler. All still under warranty. I’ve tried 3 sets of props. I have Powertech 4 blade 16x16’s on there now. Here is a picture of my stats yesterday. Light load carrying 150 gal fuel, 20 gal water and one passenger. That was in freshwater. I expect to get those figures in saltwater when loaded. 092D4283-543E-44A7-9C51-CB678FCFAC19.jpeg092D4283-543E-44A7-9C51-CB678FCFAC19.jpeg

Reaction score
Model
Express 360
We are about the same. With triple 300 4 stroke Yamahas we burn about 40 gallons an hour at a speed between 26 - 28 MPH and properly trimmed. I thought those engines on your boat looked brand new. Wow! great find. I am looking at possibly putting a tuna tower on and removing the back structure. I found someone in Cocoa Beach that is reasonable. To do that, is to lose the Dinghy and I'm not sure I'm willing to give that up. The cover in the back has grown on me a lot so I need to do some thinking on this. Thanks for sharing about the fuel burn. I'll be excited to hear about your first big trip.

usmm1234

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
We are going to buy a small fold up slat floor Zodiac (50lbs) and a 4hp motor. They will fit in the fish box. And a good air pump. I’ve got a new enclosure being made now. We’ll add a cockpit sun shade too.
Sharon’s favorite thing is the companion seatI installed. She can see where we are going now!A2135234-0248-4AF8-8C66-9A58D448B138.jpegE1810E0A-EECC-48A5-8215-6FE3933A3463.jpeg

usmm1234

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
We are about the same. With triple 300 4 stroke Yamahas we burn about 40 gallons an hour at a speed between 26 - 28 MPH and properly trimmed. I thought those engines on your boat looked brand new. Wow! great find. I am looking at possibly putting a tuna tower on and removing the back structure. I found someone in Cocoa Beach that is reasonable. To do that, is to lose the Dinghy and I'm not sure I'm willing to give that up. The cover in the back has grown on me a lot so I need to do some thinking on this. Thanks for sharing about the fuel burn. I'll be excited to hear about your first big trip.[/QUOTE

We are about the same. With triple 300 4 stroke Yamahas we burn about 40 gallons an hour at a speed between 26 - 28 MPH and properly trimmed. I thought those engines on your boat looked brand new. Wow! great find. I am looking at possibly putting a tuna tower on and removing the back structure. I found someone in Cocoa Beach that is reasonable. To do that, is to lose the Dinghy and I'm not sure I'm willing to give that up. The cover in the back has grown on me a lot so I need to do some thinking on this. Thanks for sharing about the fuel burn. I'll be excited to hear about your first big trip.

We are a little over 20 gal per hr at 28 to 29 mph. That gauge is showning both engines.

Reaction score
Model
Express 360
I totally agree about the seating. On our boat, the previous owner had the seats raised on both sides by building custom fiberglass extensions or boxes and now everyone can see out and they look like they were designed that way. I will take some pictures to show you what they did which was pretty smart. I try to send them tomorrow. Do you trailer your boat? I did find a company that has built trailers for the 36 but due to the width, I think there are some DOT restrictions.

Attachments

• Grady White 2.jpg
    Grady White 2.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 27
  • Boat 3.jpe
    Boat 3.jpe
    74.3 KB · Views: 27
  • Boat 4.jpe
    Boat 4.jpe
    108.9 KB · Views: 27
Reaction score
Model
Express 360
You might can see the raised seats in this picture

Attachments

• 20190928_211358_resized_1.jpg
    20190928_211358_resized_1.jpg
    570.2 KB · Views: 24

usmm1234

Reaction score
Model
Express 330

Yeah. That’s awesome. I got my helm seats from a friend of mine who sells the dents and dings for Taco. I’ve got the on sliders so they can move fore and aft. I also got a folding foot rest from Springfield. The 2008 and newer 330’s have the lounge seats raised 4” but you still can’t see well for cruising and acting as a lookout. 8A28240E-46A5-4560-80AA-91C5EFD919D8.jpegC11F54B3-72AF-4AFD-AE82-0CB991EE63CB.jpeg

usmm1234

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I totally agree about the seating. On our boat, the previous owner had the seats raised on both sides by building custom fiberglass extensions or boxes and now everyone can see out and they look like they were designed that way. I will take some pictures to show you what they did which was pretty smart. I try to send them tomorrow. Do you trailer your boat? I did find a company that has built trailers for the 36 but due to the width, I think there are some DOT restrictions.

I don’t have a trailer. 11’7” beam is too much. We have a dry storage in North Myrtle Beach that can fit our boat inside. We are in the water at a Marina for the winter near the house where I can get all this work done.

Reaction score
Model
Express 360
Here is what they did to raise the seating on each side of the helm. The cool thing is that it also added to the storage available.

Attachments

• thumbnail (10).jpe
    thumbnail (10).jpe
    59.2 KB · Views: 42
  • thumbnail (9).jpe
    thumbnail (9).jpe
    61.9 KB · Views: 41
  • thumbnail (8).jpe
    thumbnail (8).jpe
    76.3 KB · Views: 41
  • thumbnail (7).jpe
    thumbnail (7).jpe
    53.5 KB · Views: 40

usmm1234

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Here is what they did to raise the seating on each side of the helm. The cool thing is that it also added to the storage available.

Very Cool! Storage is everything on these boats! I told a Sharon that we need to travel light. She’s good with that.

Last edited:

Fishtales

Reaction score
Should send those pics to GW. They should re-layout the entire helm.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Maybe you'll get some credits toward the next one!

NEXT LEVEL

Reaction score
Model
Express 360
Anyone have their inflatable secured on the bow?

TFab

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Hi Everyone,

This is our 2008 360 Express powered by three 2011 Yamaha 300 4 stroke engines. This summer, my wife and I took the boat to the Abaco and had the trip of a lifetime. We left our marina on St Simons Island Ga. and spent 2 amazing weeks exploring the Islands of the Bahamas. Just wish I could have stayed longer. The boat and all of it's systems worked perfectly. To get ready for the trip we added a davit system so we could have use of a dinghy for those hard to get to places and that really worked out great. This is our 4th Grady White and my personal favorite. We also own a Grady White center console 209 which we use in the rivers and near shore but for deep water fishing and cruising, you cant beat the comfort of the 360.

Happy Boating
CS
Love the boat