Kevcros

Reaction score
When will the 366 CC be introduced ?

Anyone have the inside line on this potential rig ?

TunaT

Reaction score
good question......anyone from grady looking and can let us in on some inside info

gradyfish22

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I think that was the 336, if there was a 366 at a show it would have been all over this site and some others. I'm sure there will be a 366 or even bigger CC out at some point in time, especially with the bigger outboards and the great reception of the 336 canyon.

striped bass

Reaction score
gradyfish22:
You could be right but the banners hung all around the boat stated ALL NEW FROM GRADY and I seemed to remember it as a 366. There were a LOT OF BOATS at the show so I am not claiming omniscience on this one.

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
A 36' CC would have caused a whirlwind of posts by now. If they make it and it's anything like the 33, it will be a winner. Has anyone heard anything bad about the 33?

gradyfish22

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I like those sizes Nothing Else Matters, I would expect a bigger Express boat before a bigger CC since the express models have faired so well and many would move up to them. It seems like Grady's trend is to follow up new express models by CC's.

Fishermanbb

Reaction score
I guarantee you that the boat you saw at the show was a 336 Canyon......They have bot made a CC based on the 360 hull (Yet)....I would bet that it would be a few years before you see that for two reasons:

1. With the market the way it is GW will wait to see just how well the 336 sells....1st year demand is only an indicator....If demand stays strong for a few years I think they'll push it to a 366.

2. It's good marketing to wait.....Let a bunch of buyers get into the 336 and fall in love with it......Then, come ouot with the 366 and get them to move up.....This plan has worked well for GW withthe express models since 2001

As for the 40 footer.....I personally think we'll be waiting longer than most on this board think. If they do it I think it will be three years or more. Two reasons:

1. The economy is too slow for that right now and GW will wait until it starts to heat up again to really test for the demand

2. GW will wait for outboard power to reach 450 HP (Which it will)

GulfGrady

Reaction score
Grog said:
A 36' CC would have caused a whirlwind of posts by now. If they make it and it's anything like the 33, it will be a winner. Has anyone heard anything bad about the 33?
Just the price. :shock: :shock:

Kevcros

Reaction score
My guess is the 366 will be introduced in boat year 2010/2011 (July 2009)---Twin 350's would be a great match for a 36 CC considering they are now pushing 350's on the 360--

megabytes

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
BB's analysis seems quite plausible to me. He has long had the best inside info on new models and knows GW strategy as well as anyone.

The builders who weather slow sales during this downturn are those who make smart decisions. Introducing a larger model to an uncertain market is probably not wise. It also makes great sense that GW and Pursuit will wait for more HP before hitting the 40' mark.

The GW line seems to have a lot of models these days. I wonder if any will be dropped during the downturn as was the 265 and 270. If I had to bet (no inside info) I would guess GW will not introduce a new model this year but rather make updates on 1-2 models (much like the 330 this year). Which?

In terms of longest since last major update, here are some candidates.

GulfGrady

Reaction score
Yes, my 273 could really use some updates. Been around since 02. Something for larger electronics and a hard top.

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Also strongly believe that there is a market,even for Grady, for a 40 foot plus CC.A lot of big companies start making them and selling them.Yellowfin,Fountain,Pursuit and others, so why not someone who wants to buy Grady quality not be able to get into the big cc ?I think that a big cc boat is not only meant to go very fast as the above mentioned, is also be able to go out there on a bigger, better riding boat with a lot of room that cc boats offer.This is where the Grady quality and ride fits.
Just my 2 worthless pennies.
PS, when they come out, i'll most likely jump on one, where i'm gonna dock her, that's another problem.