95 Sailfish Scupper Valve Replacement

tzalewski

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I am attempting to replace the black rubber flapper valves on my 95 Sailfish but running into supply problem, the diameter of the white plastic ring is 2 3/4" nothing seems to fit. I am having a difficult time finding replacement valves and rings at a reasonable price. West Marine has them for $20 which may be the going price. Can someone suggest an alternative?

Richard1572

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Did you ever find a solution? I have the same boat and need to replace my scupper flappers. All the ones I can find are 2 7/8 not 2 3/4 like on the Grady.

seasick

Reaction score
Is 2 3/4 inch the diameter of the flap, the inside diameter of the ring or the outside diameter of the ring.

When I couldn't find the same size flapper on my boat, I bought the nearest full assembly, mounting ring, gasket and flapper. I had to reuse the spacer rings.

Richard1572

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
The outside diameter is 2 3/4, the inside diameter is 2" The distance across center between screw holes is 2 3/8 and diagonal distance between screw holes is 1 3/4. I think my next step is to take it apart and carry it to the nearest marine supply store and see what I can rig up.

seasick

Reaction score
I think I know which one you have. It is the same as mine and I was not able to find the flap at a reasonable price. It was less expensive to but the whole fitting with the ring. It was the same size and hole placement but as I mentioned, I had to reuse the old spacers AND screws.