ADDING 2ND WIPER: IS BOAT PREWIRED FOR PORT WIPER??

NIGHTIDES

Reaction score
Boy are those wiper motors expensive... but I think i would like to have that port one in place. Before I cut the ceiling carpeting, can anyone confirm if Grady pre-wires the port side as well..??

Also the starboard wiper's bushing nut ( not the brass one) corroded away and the motor is hanging kind of loose. How does one remove the blade from the wiper motor so I can get another nut on there..??

Thanks for the help.

gradyfish22

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
The cover on the blade should flip up, and then using pliers you need to pry it off usually. Not sure if there are any wires in place for a second wiper, I would assume that unless it was an option on the boat when new, there is none. I would think you will need to run these wires yourself, not a very hard job to do, you will likely be running the wires from your fuse panel, and you should have empty slots for it.

Bob's Cay

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Go to the Grady website and check out the owner's manual for your model. The one for my boat (a 1988) included a wiring diagram in the manual. It should indicate if there is a lead for a portside wiper.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
It is likely preinstalled. Very common with Gradys.

The wiring diagram in the owners manual will show the color code of the subject wires you are looking for.

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I agree it's probably there. It's doubtful Grady stocks the wiring looms for every different option.