Adding a berth?

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Anyone ever thought about taking the concept of the 232 Gulfstream fold down berth and adding one like it to something like the Islander? I mean... would not be for a grown adult, probably.. but.. maybe a small kid?

I wonder if that might be an option to try.

Russ

Fishtales

Reaction score
You could try it if you really want. You would have to know the boat pretty well as you'll have to do some drilling and adding supports. I think it probably isn't worth the effort. Just my 2 pennies.

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Yea, I got to take time to look.. may not be worth the effort. I would not attempt it without seeing the inside of a Gulfstream first hand anyway. I need to get my head into all facets of something like that before I tried anything.. just talking outloud.

Right now, just working on getting all the pin striping off and the stickers that are jacked up, so the fiberglass guys can focus on the real issues I want them to work on Saturday.

I think I will remove the stereo control in the dash, have them make that solid again.. heh...

R

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I have a 2-man tent and a blow up air mattress that I keep on board. It fits very nicely in the cockpit and allows us to sleep four. Both pack down to a very small size. Just a thought to throw out there...