Additional Tackle Storage on GW 248 Voyager

Pete1313

Reaction score
Anyone install aftermarket flush mounted tackle drawers on their Voyager or Journey? If so, curious where you put it, what product you used, and how the install worked out.

I was thinking that I could remove the backrest cushion for the transom seat and install it there (no-one ever sits there in my boat and if they do, having no cushion is really not a huge deal).

Other spot I was thinking was on the blank wall where the removeable transom rear storage bucket/fishbox is.....but was thinking that would block access to the bilge.

Thanks for any ideas/tips...

cgmiller

Reaction score
I cant help you with location on your boat but I can make some equipment recommendations. I have installed 3 different SSI tackle centers and the flanges are light weight plastic. On the smaller 2-3 drawer units, it is not an issue. I installed a large 5 drawer issue in the concole of my last boat and I had several of the screw holes break out and the flange was cracking all around.

Consumer Marine liquidators down in Fort Pierce Florida has a ton of them that they picked up from different boat manufactures as excess supplies. Check out their web site. Most are made from heavier starboard and the flanges wont break.

Pete1313

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip on products. That was going to be my next step...once I figure out where, is to figure out which one to buy...