adjust command elite helm chair

Vail S

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 225
Just purchased a 2017 Freedom 235 dual console. I've read the manual, dug online but can not find instructions on how to adjust the helm seats. The levers are plastic so I don't want to force them. Up & down, front & back, swivel. Any help would be appreciated.

seasick

Reaction score
If you have the Elite seats, there will be a flip up bolster I think. That said, there should be a knob that allows locking or rotating. A lever or knob that allows sliding fore and aft and a third control for height. I don't know if the pedestal is pneumatic. If so there will be a level to adjust height.
I am sure someone else on this forum will know. The seats are the same on several models including the Marlin so somebody should know

Vail S

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 225
Yes, flip up bolster. There are 3 plastic levers under seat. A knob and pull/push pin on post.

seasick

Reaction score
The knob and push pull pin are the height adjustment. Loosen the knob and then pull the pin while holding the seat. Set the height and tighten the knob which stops any wiggle of the pedestal.
There has to be one control to loosen the rotation collar to turn the seat. The seat has a split collar that when tightened, grabs the pedestal. In that mode, it doesn't rotate. Some seat bases have knobs and some have a lever but in both cases those are connected to flanges on the split collar with a threaded shaft. Sometimes that threaded shaft and nut freeze up but your hardware is pretty new and shouldn't be like that'
If the seat can be rotated at all, you should be able to lift the whole thing up and off so that you can get a better look at the mechanism.