Adventure Marine High Thrust kicker bracket

fishermanjim

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I have a few questions on the Adventure Marine kicker bracket. I am pretty sure I will be purchasing one of these for my 93 Seafarer 228G. The one concern I did have was the built in 5 degree negative transom. My transom is 15 degrees. Did anyone need to install shims to make up for this 10 degrees? I figure this difference would amount to roughly a 2-3/4" difference in the back of the bracket. Not sure if this is even an issue. I also wonder if the Bracket will have the kicker engine back far enough to tie the main engine to the kicker with a tie-rod system for steering. The 228G has the Grady Bracket on the main (225 Yamaha). I purchased a 9.9 EFI long shaft Suzuki for the kicker. Thanks for any help.

PNW_Drifter

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Post some photos if you can. The motor tilts right so you can compensate for the angle I imagine. Hard to say without seeing it.

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
If you are mounting it on a full width swim platform, it should be the same as the angle between the transom and the platform. If on a transom with no platform, probably not an issue, especially if you have power t/t.

Jzeno186

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
I have a few questions on the Adventure Marine kicker bracket. I am pretty sure I will be purchasing one of these for my 93 Seafarer 228G. The one concern I did have was the built in 5 degree negative transom. My transom is 15 degrees. Did anyone need to install shims to make up for this 10 degrees? I figure this difference would amount to roughly a 2-3/4" difference in the back of the bracket. Not sure if this is even an issue. I also wonder if the Bracket will have the kicker engine back far enough to tie the main engine to the kicker with a tie-rod system for steering. The 228G has the Grady Bracket on the main (225 Yamaha). I purchased a 9.9 EFI long shaft Suzuki for the kicker. Thanks for any help.
I had this on my 208 it was lerfect