Airmar B60 tilted element 600w FLUSH mount transducer

Gulfstreamrobby

Reaction score
Here it is at http://airmartechnology.com/airmar2005/ ... &PageNo=67

Has anyone else had one installed? Mine is going on my '90 Gulfstream and i have a few questions. Where on your boat was yours installed? Do you get readings above 20-25 knots? Did you notice a big difference when and if you changed to this transducer? Mine is being hooked up to my Furuno 1650f plotter/600w sounder but will eventually be hooked up to a Furuno 1724c Radar/plotter/600w-1k blackbox sounder that i will purchase soon. Any help/tips appreciated.

scottg

Reaction score
I have a 209 Escape. The first transducer was transom mounted, installed by the dealer, and it fed a Raymarine FF. I lost bottom at any speed over 10 kts. It was useless in cruise.

After one season, I was fed up with the Raymarine FF and transducer. These were upgraded to a Furuno 582 FF and Airmar 600w tilted element transducer. I could not not be happier with this setup.

The transducer holds bottom all the way up to the top end (37 kts). I fish wrecks and it provides a crystal clear view of the bottom. Mine is installed just fwd of the washdown scupper. On the the 209 Escape, this is about 4' fwd of the transom.

Gulfstreamrobby

Reaction score
I'm wondering if installing it in front of the washdown scupper/pickup changed your washdown flowrate because of the slight air pocket that would form between the two.

scottg

Reaction score
What air pocket? The TE transducer is flush to the bottom. I wouldn't mount it behind the washdown pickup as that will intruduce turbulent flow over the transducer.

Gulfstreamrobby

Reaction score
When I talked to Neil from Grady White he advised not to mount in front or behind the washdown pickup. Also, my marine electronics + installation shop advised the same thing. This is all why I asked. =)

Seahunter

Reaction score
Mine is installed about 16" behind the pump intake and slightly offset toward the keel. No problems going forward but I do get some clutter now and then when backing straight up. Not sure if it's turbulance from the intake or the prop.

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Sorry guys, i just realized you talking about the flush mount transducer, i had same looking unit but it was only for temperature readings cause i had the inhull ducer from airmar.