anchor needs nudge

mhff34

Reaction score
anchor on my sailfish needs nudge to start falling is thier an easy solution to fix?

Thanks everyone for all the help, the sailfish I just purchased is great but has alot of little issues, much more complicated than the 208 I used to have. Thanks again, MIke

freddy063

Reaction score
I guess I don't understand what your asking. Is your anchor starting to slow coming off the pulpit? Windless not moveing?

mhff34

Reaction score
sorry about that, yeah the windlas works find but anchor is slow dropping off the pulpit. I was thinking of adding some weight to the achor or maybe greasing the rubber skid? Not a big deal but a pain in the butt sometimes.

Barry Pugh

Reaction score
I've got the same problem. I was told I have the wrong anchor. I purchased it from a GW dealer along with the winch. Your right it is a pain.

TunaT

Reaction score
anchor - nudge

I ran into the same thing....I use a danforth 18lb anchor and when ever I kick in the windlass the anchor just sets there. Of course with a CC it was no big deal to tap it and off it falls...I did some investigating and found out that the anchor had more weight on the pulpit area then it did hanging over the bow, thus the push to get it started. I have a spare anchor and gave that a try, its also a danforth style 14 lbs, but has a short rod on the anchor, that worked almost everytime due to the fact the weight of the anchor was more forward and off the bow. To be honest with you I like the 18 lb one better and swapped back and just tap it a little to get it started. I'm sure someone will come with better ideas to address then I, but the way I see it you need to more weight off the bow area, you can drop the roller down or change the pitch of how the anchor sets. Mine sets almost level on the pulpit area, moving the roller and holding ring down 10-20 deg should give you enough pitch to allow it to fall freely...of course you could raise the windlass or both....but I'm into working smarter not harder...drop the ring and roller that are attached to the front of your pulpit first...( hopefully you can do this )...good luck T

dunwurkin

Reaction score
whenever my anchor starts to "stick", I make sure the roller turns freely. Give it a few spins and perhaps good old WD, then I have no problems. I think it is like the trim indicator lever and gets stuck due to salt and etc. Good Luck

mhff34

Reaction score
Took the roller apart today and greased, and got it to work without nudge. I think the last person tightened the bolt a little too tight and stopped the roller from spinning freely. Hopefully this will last. On to new projects. Thanks guys.

Boats Rock

Reaction score
Mine did the same thing. I had an aluminum anchor and it never would drop or set. I changed it to a 18lb steel and it drops and sets fine now. One thing to remember is aft angle. Less fuel in the main tank and a full aux tank with a full water tank. It could make it slow to release.