Anone have pictures of 208 inside canvas

hangman1176

Reaction score
I need a little help. I have canvass for my 208 but things don't seem right when it's put together. The canvass looks like it goes around the frame poles but there just isn't enough room as the snaps don't line up. It also would leave a big hole as the bottom around the poles. If anyone could shoot a picture of the inside frame work with canvass I would greatly appreciate it.

1994 208 Adventure.

Thanks........Tim

catch22

Reaction score
It sounds like your trying to put the side curtains on the "outside" of the frame. They actually go on the inside. I'm guessing your frame is not properly threaded into the bimini top. Look for a section of the zipper, (on each side) that is not sewn on to the bimini, (gap). Your frame has to pass through the gap. That's how they get the curtains on the inside of the poles.

hangman1176

Reaction score
canvass

Thanks for the reply, I checked and the zipper is continuous on each side. There is no hole or "area of entry" for the frame to bypass the zipper. Does that make sence? My curtains would all zip in but I'm thinking the top was replaced at some date (appears original) but why didn't they figure the side curtains in.

I guess a picture of the inside framing for the top would be great.

Any help would be appreciated.

catch22

Reaction score
I haven't seen curtains done any other way, on a bimini, (atleast on a Grady). The zippers have to go around the frame, (inside). Either that, or seperate zippers that would start and stop at any frame work.
Grady fits any canvas work, (bimini, cutains, covers, etc) at the factory, so it's a custom fit. If your top was replaced, and it sounds like it was, I would take it to a canvas shop, and let them do the necessary alterations.
You could try snapping the drop curtains on, (at the bottom) and then see how close they line up with the bimini's zipper. This will give you an idea of how much altering they will have to do, plus, it will make sure all the drop curtains actually fit on the boat itself. By the way, you probably already know this, but the snaps on the windshield frame slide back and forth, if need be.

hangman1176

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, going to a canvas sshop for fitting.