Another new Grady owner

oldrusty

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
Greetings just joined and wanted to say hello. just bought a 92 overnighter, my first Grady ,haven't had a chance to put it in the water here in Somerset Ma yet.
Doing the things to make it really mine, lol.
Just sold my cabin in Maine after 15 yrs and figured i would join the fishing crowd. Don't know how long i will be at it cause I'm 74 but i plan on enjoying it while
I can.lol
Dennis

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Welcome to the site.

Dennis, I try and look at age as just a number. Being on the water has a therapeutic value. I wish you many years of enjoyment and I can only hope I'm still on the water at your age when I get there.

The club pages aren't as active as the main pages up above. A lot of great members willing to help, post up questions that may come up and I'm sure someone will chime in.

oldrusty

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
Welcome to the site.

Dennis, I try and look at age as just a number. Being on the water has a therapeutic value. I wish you many years of enjoyment and I can only hope I'm still on the water at your age when I get there.

The club pages aren't as active as the main pages up above. A lot of great members willing to help, post up questions that may come up and I'm sure someone will chime in.
Thank you for the welcome and the advice, I will start to check out the other threads for information .... and remember " you are only as old as you think you are" Dennis

Mammasan

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Congrats! Winter cannot come and go faster enough for me (new owner as well)!

trapper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Oldrusty, Congratulations! I am the same age 74, bought my Grady 10 years ago and with luck and a little perseverance hopefully get another 10..........I agree it is "just a number"

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Dennis, welcome. Go to the top of the page, under FORUMS, and click "NEW POSTS". Bookmark that page, and use it to access the website. That will show all the new posts, on all boards, since your last visit.

oldrusty

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
Congrats! Winter cannot come and go faster enough for me (new owner as well)!
Thank you Mammasan lol havn't heard that word in years, was in Korea. wishing you good luck with you new toy also.

Reactions: Mammasan

oldrusty

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
Oldrusty, Congratulations! I am the sam e age 74, bought my Grady 10 years ago and with luck and a little perseverance hopefully get another 10..........I agree it is "just a number"
Thank you for the welcome... 74 must be a good year... lots fun ahead I hope and looking forward to the next 25 years. lol I have to wait till spring to get it back in the water. I live in New England so winter is very close. Thank you again.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Greetings just joined and wanted to say hello. just bought a 92 overnighter, my first Grady ,haven't had a chance to put it in the water here in Somerset Ma yet.
Doing the things to make it really mine, lol.
Just sold my cabin in Maine after 15 yrs and figured i would join the fishing crowd. Don't know how long i will be at it cause I'm 74 but i plan on enjoying it while
I can.lol
Dennis

Welcome and jump in with both feet. Have as much fun with her as you can.

rmatt

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
I just bought a Overnighter myself. Wanted something to fish with. My first Grady. Has a 200 hp Yamaha for power. Fish Long Island sound . I have another boat but the wife doesn't like to fish, so she either goes or is left on shore. You get my point. And by the way I'm 76. Bought my first boat in 1980 and have been boating ever since.

oldrusty

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
I just bought a Overnighter myself. Wanted something to fish with. My first Grady. Has a 200 hp Yamaha for power. Fish Long Island sound . I have another boat but the wife doesn't like to fish, so she either goes or is left on shore. You get my point. And by the way I'm 76. Bought my first boat in 1980 and have been boating ever since.
Welcome and thank you for the comeback rmatt. i guess lot of us (older guys) are going to do a lot of fishing this coming spring and summer. lol
Bought my first grady as you know from my post so i will be learning this year. Never too old to learn. I also have another boat that I fish around cape cod , smaller 17 ft Starcraft, good little boat. Have a great holiday and enjoy.....
cheers
Dennis

oldrusty

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
Welcome and thank you for the comeback rmatt. i guess lot of us (older guys) are going to do a lot of fishing this coming spring and summer. lol
Bought my first grady as you know from my post so i will be learning this year. Never too old to learn. I also have another boat that I fish around cape cod , smaller 17 ft Starcraft, good little boat. Have a great holiday and enjoy.....
cheers