Any tips on replacing cockpit drain pipes on a Gulfstream?

Admiral

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Looking to replace my cockpit drain pipes. Do I need the GW piping or does anyone have another piping they use that is more flexible and easier to install?

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
From another current thread on the subject:

I think that wire reinforced hose is part of the problem here, because the wire rusts, and swells, and contributes to the breakdown of the hose. I used 1 1/2 white sanitation hose, which is a loose fit on the hardware, which makes those connections a little easier. I used a heat gun, and double clamped everything. That is on a 228SF. I did the same on a '93 Tournament 22 a couple of years ago.

Reactions: Fishtales

Chessie246G

Reaction score
Model
Explorer
Which drains lines? My deck drains are 1-1/2, the drains at the helm are 3/4. I ordered 1-1/2 sanitation hose and 3/4 nylon reinforced (non ribbed).

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I replaced the approximately 20" sections, from the rear cockpit drains to the transom scuppers. Not sure why GW didn't make a 90* turn to a through hull in a solid glass side, just aft of the deck drain, instead of putting the 2 big holes in a wood cored transom.

Fishtales

Reaction score
The hoses dry rot over time and need to be replaced. If you can’t get at the drains or thru holes, you’ll prob have to drill some holes and either reglass or install deck plates. I’m doing the latter on my boat this year.