Anyone clean their hull with Meguiers 3 step?

Reel Sharp

Reaction score
I was at West Marine looking at the 3m after researching here for a good 3 step hull cleaner and saw the Meguiers as well. The salesman said the Meguiers was a very good product for only about $35 compared to 3m that was around $150. Now I know you usually get what you pay for but I am curious what others have experienced. Norm

enfish

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
I've been using the Meguiars 3-step process for 10 years now. Hull still shines like new. Hull gets polished and waxed once every 12 months and I only use the first step color restorer on stubborn harbor scum lines. I've been happy with the product.

Reel Sharp

Reaction score
Do you hand or machine polish/buffer? My paint has oxidation, how would you recommend I go about using this product?

enfish

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
I just do it by hand. The Color Restorer works well by hand, but I've not had any heavy oxidized areas. It made quick work of light oxidation we had on the sides of the foot well. The grit in it breaks down fairly quick, so I would think it would be pretty easy to use with a buffer. The polish goes on real easy by hand and wipes away easy. But, like I said, I've not used it with a buffer, so I don't know how it would work.