Anyone have an aftermarket bimini?

Fishballs15

Reaction score
Hello all -

I'm in the market for a bimini top for my 209, but not sure whether to go custom or if an aftermarket top will do. Anyone have an aftermarket bimini? If so, are you happy with it? Where did you order it?

I want to go stainless, but hoping to get by without having to have one made. Looking for any and all guidance.

Already checked with the local Grady dealer on what the new top from the factory is and it's a $1000.

Thanks,
Fish

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Contact Great Lakes Boat Tops (they are on the internet)...they made a lot of the factory canvas for GW and will sell directly to you.

reelbeliever

Reaction score
I just bought a bimini enclosure from Great Lakes. They did a good job, I like the canvas. Has a lot of nice features, including velcro that closes over the zippers. Makes for a nice tight enclosure. Was cheaper than custom canvas too.

You should be able to find my posting about it on this web site.

-rb

Fishballs15

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I did call Great Lakes, but they told me they only go back to 1996 on the Escape. Seemed strange to me as I don't think there is really any difference between '93 and '96, and actually the hull design/measurements I believe are the same on the current model. I asked for the dimensions so I could check and was told by the woman on the phone that she didn't have them.

I guess nothing is easy these days.

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
A 'quality' after-market will do you just fine. Measure the frame you have and go shopping, Sunbrella fabric seems to be the current thing. What you will also find is stainless frames are fairly pricey, but nowhere close to $1k ... :wink: