Arm rest replacement

Grady678

Reaction score
Most chair arm rest sizes are the same on Gradys. Anyone have suggestions how to purchase and replace one? I am told Grady has some type of sleeve repair but nowhere near looking stock.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Call GW and give them your HIN. There was a "recall"...GW will send you the replacements for free. They glue over the old ones and you can't tell the difference.

I may have a set lying around in the garage and I'm also in Atlanta. If you want them, PM me and I'll get them to you.

VinMan

Reaction score
I have the 2006 228G and everything else on the boat is holding up well, but the rubber part of the armrests on the chairs is disintegrating. Thanks for the info. I'll give them a call. The boat is a few years old and I don't mind paying for new ones, but it is strange how they just started breaking down.

jfmagana

Reaction score
Me too! The arm rests have disintegrated into dry, chunks. Really looks awful. I've only ever cleaned them with fresh water, so I think they were just plain defective from the factory. My boat is in for service right now...I'm going to ask the dealer about what they can do for me.

VinMan said:
I have the 2006 228G and everything else on the boat is holding up well, but the rubber part of the armrests on the chairs is disintegrating. Thanks for the info. I'll give them a call. The boat is a few years old and I don't mind paying for new ones, but it is strange how they just started breaking down.