Atlantic 26

'84Offshore

Reaction score
Any opinions on the Atlantic 26?
Doesn't seem like it was in production too long.......wondering why??

May have a chance to get one kinda cheap.

uncljohn

Reaction score
I like them and wish I had one! When they came out, the concept of a flybridge boat w/ OB's was new.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Had one in front of me in slip for a coupl of years. I like it, had euro transom as I recall.
May have been the Sailfish hull.

Captain was always on fybridge, don't know if steering station inside but had door and I think a step down so would be down lower inside than my Sailfish I bet, makes sense otherwise top heavy. But bridge area inside door must have been comfortable and quieter at the dock even if headroom loss if so.

The Grady Website has catalog photos in the model years back then if anyone wants to see it. I think it was done well and looked good, all glass bridge.

'84Offshore

Reaction score
I saw that website...........pretty impressive.

One of the things I'm not too sure about is not being able to stand at the helm and no station down below..............

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Nice job on the hardtop but it's too much weight up high, you're going to rock like crazy.

Finatic

Reaction score
I always thought the Atlantic was a cool looking boat but I have no first hand experience. I knew the guy that used to own the one in the ad, he sold it about 7 or 8 years ago. When he owned it was kept on the upper Chesapeake and maintained with an open checkbook. Seems like a pretty good deal for the right person. It's been for sale at Short's Marine for awhile, I keep my boat there during the offseason and I keep meaning to stop and check it out.

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Nice boats but the main problem with them was they were too top heavy and rock way too much. I've been in one them fishing and was not that comfortable.
It might even be the boat on Craig's that i was on.

gw204

Reaction score
No offense to current owners/fans, but that is one of the ugliest boats I've ever seen...

Bryan3536

Reaction score
Eye of the beholder, I guess - I love the look and use of space, and I seriously considered calling the guy in NY (he's right near my house) even though I had imposed a hard-and-fast "single engine only" rule on my boat hunt. Still, I'd love to see one of these in person.

sfc2113

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I think as a project boat, it is worth the price he is asking. I am wondering if it has enough room to install an inside helm or to make a modification or 2. If I had the money I would be at that guys house looking it over. I am supprised no one here has owned one or owns one chim in.

Bryan3536

Reaction score
Agree - the one negative of that boat seems to be a lack of an interior helm, but where would you put one? I have seen a few older Pacemakers and Penn Yenns of that size (26') that did have an interior helm and flybridge, but I don't see how you would do the same in the Atlantic without ripping out the stand-up head and galley - which is one of the things that make the boat nice for a family fisher. I assume based on the price and silence as to the age/condition of the engines in that listing that the boat needs a total repower. However, at that price, still seems worth it. Certainly a head turner.