Attention 1994 Seafarer owners - Installing speakers

Zebco33

Reaction score
Hey all,

I have been without a radio for about 2 years and went ahead and bit the bullet to buy a radio and some speakers.

I bought the Westmarine radio 200w w/ (2) 6.5in speakers (on sale for 99 bucks. I know these aren't the alpine or jBL's but they sounded descent for the money.

I currently have (2) speakers mounted under the jump seats in the back and (not sure if they work, but I Like the location) and plan on using them.

I want to have a total of (4) speakers mounted. My question is for those who may have seafarer's of this model (1993-1997) - where do you recommend I install my other (2) speakers?
I plan on installing the radio in the cabin - stbd side, mounted on the ceiling.

thanks

Zebco33

Reaction score
One other thing - I do not have a hard top. I have a biminni. If I had the hard top, I'd just mount some speakers on them.

uncljohn

Reaction score
What I did was make 2 mounting plates for the speakers out of wood and screwed it into the little side panel spaces next to the helm and passenger seat, above where the drink holders are. Great sound even when running hard, and I have a OX66, so speakers back by the transom won't work too well w/ all the noise. I also added 2 mini box speakers in the cabin.