Auto pilot pump

jekyl

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
My tecnician has diagnosed my Autopilot probs as a failed electric motor at the pump.
Is this serviceable? Are the motors able to be purchased and lastly what would you expect to py for either the whole pump assembly or just the electric motor if that is possible?

The AP is a Simrad AP11

Thanks

downtown

Reaction score
I have the same AP. The pump cost me 900 plus install.

Make sure the rest of the system works before you do anything. My problems began with the linear feedback unit. 300 plus install. Then they found the pump not working. 900. Total cost with labor was close to 1800. i needed a fluxgate adjustment and a sea trial. Not a happy camper especially when it still didn't track right.

jekyl

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I've just found a guy who says he can repair the electric motor. The magnets have to be reset as well as the main power lead was disconnected, and some minor corrosion arpound the outer body.
If it works should be a lot cheaper than new stuff.
The faults in the motor are quite obvious so it had to be either replaced or repaired. I must say the prices for that stuff gave me a bit of a shock.
A professional skipper I was talking to said the much older units ie ap4 were far easier to work on and much cheaper to fix.
I will let you all know how the repair goes.