Bad Gas

runeme

Reaction score
I have a 94 Sailfish, and I had the reserve filled when I bought her in Norfolk a year ago. The marina did not have ethanol free gas. I decided I better burn it since it was getting old, and the engines wont run. I dumped some out and it looks nasty. Small white things all in it, and a clear liquid settles to the top. I know it is not water since that sinks. I have tried to use several bottles of dry gas, and some other fuel treatments but no help. There is a guy in my area (Gwynn's Island) that said he can "polish" the gas but it is going to be around $300.00. Any one have any suggestions, that is a lot of gas to have to try to get rid of.

Thanks for the help and good luck striper fishing!!!

Fishermanbb

Reaction score
Dump it. Sorry but it's probably lost it's octane rating by now and the damage it can do is going to cost a lot more than the cost of the gas. "Polishing" it really only works well for diesel fuel. Dump it, flush the tank, change ALL the filters (You should have a separator (External) and in line systems as well. flush everything and start over. If the gas is bad (Which it is) it'll cause detonation and that can cause things like pistons and rods to get annoyed........Dump it.....

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
If you pump it through the fuel filter/water separator into a drum or jugs, lawn service guys will take the gass off your hands. Get a hold of one first to set things up.