Banging noise in Bulkhead

GW

Reaction score
My 2003 Gulfstream has a distinct Bell sounding noise coming from behind the console when hitting hard quartering seas. Could this be a bulkhead displacement or dislodge or something less painful?? It sounds like something is loose but there is virtually nothing in the cabin near that area. This noise never occurred before until I took a 90 minute pounding to go 20 miles offshore. Thanks for suggestions!

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
look at all the mounting brackets for the gauges etc. also check the helm steering. if you say it sound like a bell, that may indicate metal against metal. ron

GW

Reaction score
I'll check all these. Thank you!

G8RDave

Reaction score
I thought I had a problem on my boat when I heard loud banging in the same type of seas. Turned out it was all the beer in the port fish box that I use as a cooler when not fishing. The ice had turned to a slush or slurry allowing the cans to strike the bottom of the box when we came off a wave and hit the next one. I drank all the beer and the problem went away. :)

Bama96

Reaction score
G8RDave said:
I thought I had a problem on my boat when I heard loud banging in the same type of seas. Turned out it was all the beer in the port fish box that I use as a cooler when not fishing. The ice had turned to a slush or slurry allowing the cans to strike the bottom of the box when we came off a wave and hit the next one. I drank all the beer and the problem went away. :)

Nice fix I will have to try that. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

grady23

Reaction score
Let the wife out and up on deck with you. She'll enjoy the ride better!