Battery Charger: Prosport 12....Installed

tiderunner

Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just saw the post guys and appreciate all the talk and help that was provided wish I was monitoring the forum then.

The products keep getting better and better with each passing year.

Just so you know we do offer a customer appreciation program so if you see a product that we make and would like to purchase one let me know and I can get you a price.

All the best and happy boating.

P.S if you have any questions or concerns let me know at the below.

Jim

Jim is a great assest to have on here . He helped me out with the selection of my new battery charger a PM 1240iplus. There were many phone calls with lots of questions asked by each of us. Thank you for all of your help with my setup .

TIDE

seabob4

Reaction score
Dammit, Jim,
We keep spreading the word...and the look on Marcus Bailey's face when we told him we could get the ProSport 20+ for $40 less than the comparable Guest he was selling us...Priceless!

Walkers Edge

Reaction score
!

Promariner,

In reference to the PM12 Gen 2 charger I installed...My configuration is (2) dual purpose deep cycle group 24 batts, isolated with a 1/2/Both/Off switch so I never run both batts simultaneously. The manual and charger identify (1) set of leads as being the starting battery. Is there any charger output difference between the (2) sets of leads like hookup experienced with his house batt? Both batteries are used independently at different times.

BTW, great product!

ProMariner

Reaction score
Re: !

Walkers Edge said:
Promariner,

In reference to the PM12 Gen 2 charger I installed...My configuration is (2) dual purpose deep cycle group 24 batts, isolated with a 1/2/Both/Off switch so I never run both batts simultaneously. The manual and charger identify (1) set of leads as being the starting battery. Is there any charger output difference between the (2) sets of leads like hookup experienced with his house batt? Both batteries are used independently at different times.

BTW, great product!

The lead labeled Engine Start should go to the engine starting battery if there is one used in the installation as it is the last lead to be sensed. That said, we recommend that the charger be wired directly to the batteries so that the charger can accurately sense. If you use the switch to break the connection the charger will have a difficult time sensing. Also note we like all the leads to be connected to a battery even if only one was being used. If we take a two bank charger and connect only one lead the charger usually will not operated as we are limiting its ability to sense the battery. This is really more for safety and providing a full recovery of the batteries. Hope this makes sense but if not I would be happy to clarify.

Jim

Walkers Edge

Reaction score
Thanks for the response, this does make sense and the leads are connected directly to the batteries. Sounds like it makes no difference since I alternate which battery is used for everything each time I put the boat in.

At the end of each trip only one battery is partially discharged and one is still full from the last charging...........plug in the charger a couple nights before the next trip and no battery issues whatsoever.

seabob4

Reaction score
Walkers Edge said:
Thanks for the response, this does make sense and the leads are connected directly to the batteries. Sounds like it makes no difference since I alternate which battery is used for everything each time I put the boat in.

At the end of each trip only one battery is partially discharged and one is still full from the last charging...........plug in the charger a couple nights before the next trip and no battery issues whatsoever.

Love it when a plan comes together...
8EngineRIB.jpg

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Who owns this drug runner?

Local Yamaha dealer maintenance department must luv this guy!

Bet he buys Yamalube in tanker delivery, forget 55 gal drum.

Samantha26

Reaction score
Battery Charger Clearance offers looking for advice on how to save money by buying online, you should carefully consider the details. Sales held at the end of the season otherwise. Their main objective is to clear the shelves, both physical and virtual, so they can rebuild. It works on you because they are willing to sell their goods at lower prices. Differences can often be significant. Of course, the problem with a shop, you often see things that were rejected by other customers who were shopping in the season of fashion.

Clearance bargains