bilge fuses

freddy063

Reaction score
Are the two fuses below the battary switches the ones for the auto bilge? I want to clean the bilge so I want to turn off the pumps while I am doing that.

uncljohn

Reaction score
"two fuses below the battary switches" could be for ANYTHING.

You should have a hot wire from the pump auto-switch going directly to a battery. That line should have a fuse in it and is what you need to take out. Or else disconnect that hot line from your battery.

seabob4

Reaction score
uncljohn said:
"two fuses below the battary switches" could be for ANYTHING.

You should have a hot wire from the pump auto-switch going directly to a battery. That line should have a fuse in it and is what you need to take out. Or else disconnect that hot line from your battery.

Most builders that install batt switches at the factory run the constant hot for the float off batt 1 or 2 on the back side of the switch, not off the batt itself...

One fuse, if you have only one float/pump, is for the float, the other would be for stereo memory or another float for a second pump...

no problem

Reaction score
Remove the fuses then raise the float and see if the pump comes on. It's a good time to check for corrosion or to make sure someone hasn't replaced your fuse with a screw or aluminum foil.

freddy063

Reaction score
yep two bilge fuse, took them didn't work, reinstalled work, now I know what they are.